Why is the rum always gone
The Pirate who stole millions of hearts!
- 1963 - Born as John Christopher Depp II
- 1979 - Dropped out of high school to become a rock musician
- 1984 - First film role was in 'A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)' as Freddy Kruger's victim
- 1987 - Starred as an undercover cop in TV series '21 Jump Street' and became a popular teen idol during the late 1980s
- 1990 - Played the title character in Tim Burton's 'Edward Scissorhands'
- 1993 - Starred alongside Leonardo DiCaprio in 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape'
- 1997 - Starred alongside Al Pacino in the crime drama 'Donnie Brasco', which was a commercial and critcal success
- 2003 - Starred in the Walt Disney Pictures adventure film Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, which was a major box office success
- 2006 & 2007 - Reprised the role of Jack Sparrow in the Pirates sequels 'Dead Man's Chest' (2006) and 'At World's End' (2007), both of which were major box office successes
- 2007 - Collaborated with Burton for their sixth film together, this time playing murderous barber Sweeney Todd in the musical 'Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street'
- 2010 - The next Depp-Burton collaboration was 'Alice in Wonderland', in which he played the Mad Hatter alongside Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway and Alan Rickman.
- 2011 - Reprised the role of Captain Jack Sparrow in the fourth installment of the Pirates series, 'On Stranger Tides', which was again a box office success
- 2013 - Starred as Tonto in 'The Lone Ranger' opposite Armie Hammer as the title character
- 2016 - Made a cameo in the film 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them', marking his first on-screen appearance as Grindelwald.
- 2017 - Depp reprised his role as Captain Jack Sparrow in the 2017 sequel Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- 2017 - Cast to portray antivirus software developer John McAfee in a forthcoming film titled King of the Jungle
Hide The Rum
Ahoy, me hearties! Learn more about the man behind Cap'n Jack here.